You are here
Are your company’s products for sale in California? Do you have retail or distribution facilities in the state? Are products sold through downstream customers or distributors in places that may include California?
If the answer is yes or if you’re unsure what happens downstream, you are likely responsible for complying with the following:
- CA Air Resources Board, VOCs
- CHSC Hazardous Materials Business Plan Reporting
- EPA Identification Number Management
- Hazardous/Universal Waste Reporting
- CA Safer Consumer Product Program
- Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances; Perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; (PFAS)
- California Proposition 65
- California Energy Commission (CEC) Title 20
- CA Cleaning Products Regulation, Ingredient Disclosures
3E’s regulatory and product compliance experts explored these requirements in our recent Doing Business in California webinar, now available on demand.
They also shared key takeaways to consider:
- Lack of human physical presence or a decision not to do business in California will not fully reduce your company’s risk from California law.
- Any product of yours found in California is subject to regulatory requirements.
- Companies often need help keeping up with state law and reducing risk, especially as business expands.
- To be able to address regulatory obligations you need to understand what is in the products you sell, manufacture, distribute, import, use and dispose.
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management and regulatory reporting tools are available to meet these EHS and product compliance obligations.
- The 3E Protect SDS and chemical compliance management platform is the industry standard solution, offering access to all indexed data available from the documents managed.
Watch Doing Business in California now to learn about California’s requirements and ways to manage them.
3E can support you, with expertise and tools including our 3E Protect platform. See how you can ensure chemical safety and compliance with a two-week free trial today!