You are here
For manufacturers in the personal care and cosmetics industries, changing market dynamics dictate the need for flexibility in meeting complex regulatory and market-driven requirements. Issues range from ensuring ingredient compliance with global regulatory requirements and safety standards, labeling products in diverse markets, generating supplier suitability assessments and collecting information from various stakeholders in the supply chain. Managing these issues while delivering quality products in record time is critical, as are optimizing business processes across your enterprise and global supply chain.
3E™ provides a central source of comprehensive and accurate compliance content solutions and services that can be easily managed and integrated into a personal care or cosmetics manufacturer's business processes.
Mitigating supply chain risk
Understanding what products are made of, the regulatory status of products and components, and these products' origins form the basic building blocks for managing regulatory obligations, communicating to key stakeholders, and mitigating risk in your supply chain. 3E can help you:
- Gather information from upstream suppliers such as material disclosures, substance declarations, organic certificates, certificates of origin and more
- Respond to incoming customer surveys and inquiries while protecting confidential business information and trade secrets
- Monitor new and emerging regulatory obligations and market trends and assess how they impact your products, suppliers or customers
- Assure compliance and market accessibility for your products by identifying risk associated to products and suppliers
- Analyze compliance status by supplier, raw material, product or obligation
Identify requirements early in the product development lifecycle
When product compliance requirements aren’t considered in early stage product development, you run the risk of having to rework the formulation of your finished good with new raw materials if it fails to comply with regulatory obligations or meet customer needs. 3E's regulatory content enables companies to quickly check the regulatory status of the ingredients in their formulation and find out if they are permissible in the end product application and use concentration. Users can:
- Quickly identify problematic ingredients in multiple jurisdictions
- Check alternative uses and concentrations
- Analyze the chemical makeup of products to identify less hazardous alternatives
- Research country regulatory requirements on labeling, natural/organic claims, ingredient standard and other important regulatory drivers
Regulatory Reference | Integrated Content for Third Party Platforms
Ensure the safety of your products
Another potential point of failure in the product lifecycle is when the finished product is placed on the market without appropriate hazard communication documentation. While the assumption is often made that personal care products do not require an SDS or label, it is often not the case. 3E can help make these determinations and then provide powerful and robust tools and services for executing a number of compliance related requirements, including:
- Producing SDSs and labels for finished products, including exposure scenarios and extended SDSs
- Ensuring downstream customers receive / have access to your products' SDSs and emergency response contact information
- Facilitating appropriate classification or re-classification and labeling of substances to comply with GHS / CLP
Keep track of what's in your lab
Not only do cosmetics and personal care companies need to ensure the safety of their finished products, but the safety of their employees who are handling chemicals or hazardous substances during the manufacturing process. In addition, regulatory professionals certainly find value in the ability to access information found on their raw material SDSs when the time comes to document everything that goes into their finished products.
3E can alleviate much of the burden of maintaining vendor SDS data by offering a highly secure web-based application. Alternatively, 3E can feed robust document sets, including SDS, compliance declarations and certificates directly into an existing PLM or formulations system, which can significantly streamline the management of substance and ingredient data by centralizing it into a single repository. Centralizing data saves valuable time, increases efficiency and ensures consistency across the entire organization.
Ensure compliant shipments
On top of regulatory requirements for the safe transport of products, personal care and cosmetics companies often have extra requirements to consider, such as refrigeration or temperature control. 3E can alleviate much of the burden from a regulatory perspective. Find out how we can:
- Ensure products can be shipped using preferred mode of transport and do not contain any ingredients subject to import or export compliance requirements
- Provide guidance to employees to ensure proper markings, labels and documentation
- Provide a phone number for your employees to call in the event of a spill
Transportation Services | Regulatory Reference | Integrated Content for Third Party Platforms